We are currently working with an organisation who require the interim support of an experienced Principal Auditor who have worked extensively within the local government.
- Support the delivery of an effective audit and risk service to the Council
- Work effectively with other local authorities in the area to provide a shared service
- Control, manage and execute allocated internal audit and general assignments for the Council and external clients utilising audit resources
- This will involve complying with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and CIPFA guidance
- Contribute to the risk based audit planning process
- Control, manage and execute high profile audit assignments
- Assist the implementation of the council’s risk and audit strategy and fraud strategy
- Provide day to day leadership, advice and guidance
- Promoting the benefits of good governance, risk management and effective assurance
- Local government experience in audits
- Man management experience in a local government audit setting
Full job description will be available upon request.
Duration: 6 - 12 months initially with likely extensions
Rate: Rate negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
FULLY REMOTE WORKING
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.