Principal Energy Officer
We are currently working with a local authority who require the assistance of a Principal Energy Officer to provide a carbon management and energy utilisation management service designed to reduce carbon emissions and conserve and minimise energy and water consumption in County Council properties.
- Develop, implement, monitor and provide progress reports on the Carbon Management and Environmental Policy as part of the Asset Management Framework.
- Manage carbon emissions, and energy and other utilities within the County Council’s property portfolio and develop initiatives to cut emissions, consumption and cost.
- Advise on the development of new projects to ensure best environmental practice is followed including BREEAM assessments.
- As the organisations lead expert in the area provide information and advice to Members, departments, schools and Corporate Property officers about energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Develop and manage the Council’s carbon management, energy and water data systems.
- Provide support with the procurement of utility contracts for the County Council.
- Contribute towards the development of the Council’s environmental policies and strategies.
- Identify opportunities to secure third party funding to support the County Council’s energy efficiency and sustainability policies.
- Experience of managing programmes of work associated with energy efficiency, sustainability and carbon management.
- Experience of monitoring energy and other utilities and implementing initiatives to reduce emissions, cost and consumption
- Proven record of managing resources and budgets
- Multi-agency, cross functional and partnership working
- A relevant degree level qualification
- A member of a recognised professional organisation e.g. RICS, IWFM, EMA
Duration: Until 25th March 2022
Rate: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Full JD available upon request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.