Principal In-House Childcare Advocate – OUTSIDE IR35 – Kent – Full Time – Permanent Position – Rate Negotiable – Rate Dependant on Experience
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a Local Authority in Kent, known for being at the forefront of legal services within local government, and who are recruiting for a Permanent Principal In-House Advocate to join their Child Protection Team.
- To provide representation in the Family Court to the children’s social care teams, covering all aspects of child protection law.
- To advise the client local authority on legal and evidential matters pertaining to cases this organisation have been instructed on.
- To provide representation in all types of proceedings, including complex matters on behalf of the client;
- To carry out advocacy in the Family Court in respect of (but not limited to) the following types of hearing:
- Case Management
- Contested Interim Care Order
- Fact Finding
- Issues Resolution
- Applications for an Emergency Protection Order
- Applications for a Placement Order or Applications under Section 25 Children Act 1989 (Secure Accommodation)
- To advocate robustly in Court on behalf of the client to achieve the best outcome in the case
This is a full-time assignment and the client has determined this role as OUTSIDE IR35.
The salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Childcare Lawyer to become part of a hugely successful and progressive Local Government Organisation.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working as a childcare specialist and will be a qualified barrister / advocate.
The successful candidate will have excellent working knowledge of key public child protection legislation, in particular The Children Act 1989, The Adoption and Children Act 2002, The Children & Families Act 2014 and related delegated legislation, statutory and non-statutory guidance and case law. They will also have some knowledge of local government legislation and an ability to adapt to changes affecting the client local authority.
For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667, alternatively email email@example.com.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.