Principal Safety Engineer
£46,000 - £67,000 p/a
Hybrid (on-site New Malden)
**SC eligible, UK citizen**
Our client, a global organisation, urgently require an experienced Technical Services Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
In order to be successful, you will have the following experience:
- Relevant work experience in a safety-related engineering environment
- Understanding and awareness of international and defence standards such as IEC 61508 and Def Stan 00-056
- Awareness of safety assurance of COTS PE based systems or high integrity software
- Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
- Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Functional Failure Analysis
- Awareness of the tools and techniques used in Risk Assessments and developing ALARP justifications
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and supplier engineering teams)
Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- Be responsible to the Project Safety Manager, who leads the technical safety work and is responsible for generating the safety case.
- Generate safety requirements for the system to ensure that the customer’s safety targets and derived safety targets can be met by the system design
- Support the planning of safety activities on a complex project, including effort estimating to deliver the project milestones and safety case objectives
- Generating safety analysis and documenting it in a report, which will be the subject of internal peer review, governance reviews and presenting the findings to the customer
- Travelling to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, occasionally overseas, as required
- Undertaking analysis that positively impacts the design decisions and solutions propose by the engineering teams
- Presenting complex and reasoned safety arguments to internal and external stakeholders in order to influence their consideration of safety decisions
This represents an excellent opportunity to secure a permanent role within a major global organisation.
If you are interested in knowing more about this position, then please send across your most recent CV to Laura Surridge (email@example.com)