Principal Solicitor - Adult Social Care
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is situated at the very heart of the West Midlands, just a stone’s throw from Birmingham. A large, diverse, metropolitan borough, Sandwell offers exciting opportunities for all in a friendly, supportive environment.
Our Vision 2030 shows just how committed we are to creating the best future possible for our communities and for the people who live and work in Sandwell.
We currently have several exciting permanent opportunities within our Legal Services department. One of these opportunities is a Principal Solicitor for Adult Social Care. This is a senior post which will also see you deputising for the Legal Services Manager – Safeguarding & Education.
As Principal Solicitor, you will manage a busy caseload of work relating to Adults Social Services. This may include advice on all aspects of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, derivation of liberty safeguards and Court of Protection proceedings.
We’re proud of our family friendly working policy which allows for flexible working. This position allows for hybrid working with a significant remote working component. You will join a supportive team and benefit from the assistance of an experienced and capable caseworker.
- Advise clients on the legal aspects of Adult Social Services
- Deputise for Legal Services Manager in their absence
- Attend and Committees, bodies or panels as may be required
- Act as a mediator on arbitrations matters for clients
- Advise and support in relation to inquests, no recourse to public funds, human rights assessments, end of life procedures, Social Care Complaints Panels.
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Minimum of four years post qualification experience
- Willing to conduct advocacy
- Hybrid working with significant remote working
- Formal policy allowing for flexible working
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an award-winning employee benefits scheme
- 31 days annual leave, rising to 36 after five years continuous service
- Option to buy an additional 10 days annual leave per annum
Please reach out to our retained recruitment partners at Venn Group for further information:
Alternatively, for an informal, confidential discussion please call Nik Stoate on 0121 616 0681.