Principal Town Planner RTPI – Development Management
FULLY REMOTE WORKING
We are currently working with a local authority who are in need of an experienced Town Planner to join them on an interim basis for six months initially. Please see below for further details about the role.
- Essential Qualifications: Qualified Town Planner, RTPI
- Essential Experience: Dealing with a mix of householder and other planning applications in a local authority development management team
- System Use: iLAP
- Would like someone with development Control experience, ideally with at least 2 years’ experience
Some responsibilities include:
- Processing all types of applications (with a focus on more complex major applications) in accordance with the requirements of planning legislation, Government and Council planning policies and to meet the key objectives of the Council
- This includes the validation and assessment of technical documents submitted in support of applications and effective negotiation of S106 agreements within the statutory deadlines
- Lead on the preparation, implementation and review of spatial planning and housing policy including neighbourhood plans working with external partners, including neighbouring authorities to ensure consistent cross boundary policies and implementation proposals are agreed
- To attend and present at relevant committee and member meetings such as Planning Committee, Cabinet Member meetings, Advisory Panels and Scrutiny Boards and provide technical support to the Chair of Committee, Cabinet Member and Senior Officers
- To undertake the necessary professional duties associated with representing the City Council in respect of formal proceedings such as Public Inquiries, Hearings, Examinations or Written Representation Appeals, including giving evidence as an expert witness as required
Please note the role will be fully remote working until government restrictions change and then it will be up to 2 days per week on site/in the office.
Duration: 6 months initially with likely extensions
Rate: flexible hourly rate dependent on experience and qualification status
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team