Job Title: Principle Mechanical Engineer
Job reference: J61721
We are currently recruiting for a number of Mechanical Technicians within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract
The post holder is expected to set, develop and monitor appropriate and acceptable standards of service, in respect of mechanical engineering design and maintenance issues across the estate. To analyse and interpret the needs of the DoEF and its Customers to procure services within the policies developed in conjunction with the Head of Facilities – Maintenance & Compliance, working within a general framework of “best value”.
Duties will include:
• To effectively direct and manage all resources allocated
• To manage a team of mechanical engineers and other technical staff, in the development and monitoring of cost effective LTM, PPM & reactive maintenance schemes across buildings and infrastructure.
• Provide specific advice within the area of technical expertise on a routine basis and provide professional mechanical support across the DoEF
• Establish and maintain standard specifications for both new installations and maintenance activities as appropriate
• Conduct or commission an ongoing programme of mechanical condition surveys to assist in the development of a long-term maintenance plan.
• Design, implement and maintain policies that ensure mechanical maintenance procurement is carried out in a manner that meets legislative, statutory, safety requirements, good practice, and is cost effective.
• Assist in the development and implementation of performance-monitoring systems to provide evidence that in house teams, contract labour and contractors are providing value for money.
• Assist in the setting up of performance management systems incorporating Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• The post holder, when directed will deputise for the Head of Facilities – Maintenance & Compliance
Essential skills / qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an mechanical engineering or building services related discipline
- Be a Chartered Engineer and hold Professional Chartered Membership of CIBSE, IMechE or equivalent Professional Institution
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH Construction and/or IOSH for Senior Executives.
- A management qualification, such as a Diploma in Management and/or membership of the CMI.
- Experience of producing quality briefing documents to enable consulting engineers to develop design briefs that meet the University’s requirements
- Appropriate academic qualification to Degree level in a Mechanical or Building Services Engineering related discipline.
- Full UK driving licence
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.