Job Title: Project Building Services Manager (Electrical)
Job reference: DJF20230921
We are currently recruiting for a Project Building Services Manager (Electrical) within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract.
The post holder will
The post holder will provide a professional electrical building services engineering design and project management function in relation to (construction) project work that includes planned maintenance; alteration, refurbishment, and new works; managing the delivery of projects within an established framework of “best value” for the University.
Duties will include:
- Effectively manage the successful delivery of projects under your control in the context of the requirements of the client
- Provide professional advice on projects from inception to completion, challenging and understanding client needs and expectations
- Develop cost effective electrical design solutions that reflect progressive electrical services engineering methods in turn producing appropriate quality of documentation for the engagement of contractors for construction works and ensuring that projects are delivered to the agreed time, quality and cost parameters
- Provide professional support to the contract administrator or act as contract administrator as appropriate, to ensure electrical work on site is delivered in line with the design and specification, is in line with legal and statutory requirements and is being delivered within agreed timescales and cost targets. Chairing meetings, undertaking site inspections, issuing instructions and applying for permits to work
- Manage design teams formulated for project work, comprising internal staff and external consultants, including monitoring staff productivity to ensure that project costs are minimized and available resources are efficiently allocated whilst optimizing fee income
- Ensure that, within all project related activities, a culture of positive health and safety management is promoted and achieved
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Possess a professional qualification, preferably a registered Member with the Engineering Council (IEEE, IEC or IET) at CEng/IEng or equivalent with significant post qualification experience
- Design to BS 7671 - current Edition - IET Wiring Regulations
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.