Interim Housing & Support Recruitment Solutions
Refuge Support Worker
A Supported Living organisation in South Wales are currently looking for a Refuge Support Worker to join their organisation on a temporary to permanent basis.
Location: South Wales
Contract Type: 3 months
Hours: 37.5 Mon – Fri 9am -5pm
Salary: £13.00 via Umbrella
Vacancy number: J66705
- Support vulnerable women and children to undertake and engage in initial and on-going needs assessments, risk assessments, safety plans and support plans.
- Attend MARAC, core group and other similar meetings when directed, ensuring completion of all tasks allocated to CWA.
- Follow up referrals and notifications from other agencies including police Public Protection Notice reports
- Support, signpost and refer women and children to the services they wish to engage with: (social services, the police, parenting, health, legal, DWP, housing, homelessness, recreational, educational and cultural services and also CWA’s other internal services)
- Work with women and children in an empowering and engaging manner, as set out in our Model of Support policy
- Deliver group and educational programmes where appropriate
- Ensure accurate and timely records are maintained in relation to all aspects of the service and casework, including inputting information into our Information Management System.
- Assist in producing qualitative and quantitative data, including for example, the creation of case studies.
- Support women and children to have a voice within the organisation and the sector, by for example, encouraging them to complete surveys, give feedback and attend associated events.
- Admit women and children into refuge and complete relevant paperwork with them.
- Support women to maintain licence agreement and help them prepare for moving on to independent living.
- A current enhanced DBS
- Experience of providing support to vulnerable clients including victims of domestic violence and those with mental health conditions
To apply for this role or to find out about other Supported Housing jobs, please contact Paulo Davis from the Bristol Housing Recruitment team on 01179 308760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.