Interim Rent and Service Charge Officer – Immediately Required
Position: Rent and Service Charge Officer
Period: 3-4 Months
Hours: Full time
Our client, a renowned Housing Association is seeking an experienced Rent and Service Charge Officer to join their Housing team based in South-East London. The purpose of the role is to report to the Rents and Revenue Manager, whilst supporting the Housing, Property, Finance, Development and IT teams as a business partner.
- Assist in the annual setting Rents and Service charge Estimates and Actuals for residents.
- Ensure that annual rent and service charge notices are completed and issued correctly and within statutory deadlines.
- Support in developing and implementing systems across Hexagon for the effective management of service charges.
- Assist in calculating service charges for new developments
- Ensure that internal practices, applications and notifications for rent and service charges fully comply with all standing orders and statutory/regulatory requirements
- Assist in preparation of Section 20 Consultation with residents
- Manage the collection and verification of cost data required for timely and accurate assessment, calculation and notification of service charges for clients, local authorities and other landlords.
- Advise and support internal and external customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed, and proactive resolutions are identified
- Carry out all duties regarding the organisations Equality & Diversity as well as Health & Safety Policies
- Experience of rent and service charge setting for various tenures inclusive of homeowners and tenants
- Excellent customer service and ensuring that emails, telephones and letters are responded to within 10 working days
- Updating systems with data and ensuring this is done accurately
- Knowledge of relevant law such as Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Rent Standard
If you feel you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below!