Safeguarding Children’s Advisor
Venn Group are currently working with a busy NHS organisation in the South East England who are looking for a Safeguarding Children’s Advisor to join their team remotely immediately.
Duration: 3 months
The Safeguarding Children’s Advisor will be responsible for:
- Take a lead role in partnership with the Named Doctor for Child Protection issues for policy development, implementation and practices within the Trust and raise awareness across all staff groups within the Trust
- To be an active and core member of the Trust Safeguarding Children Committee
- In identified cases of child abuse, in conjunction with the ward nurse and other professionals, facilitate the planning and co-ordination of all aspects of care that will ensure the child’s safety
- Ensure the rights of children in child protection cases are upheld and that their voices are heard
- In collaboration with the Named Doctor for Child Protection, advise and ensure the Trust has sound procedures for Child Protection matters including supervision, training and audit of systems/procedures
It is essential that the Safeguarding Children’s Advisor must have the following skills and experience:
- A strong background working within the NHS
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders of all levels
- Knowledge of Children Safeguarding policy, context and legislation
- Registered Nurse is desired
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call David Preedy on 020 7557 7667.