SEN Case Worker
Our Client is seeking a SEND Case Worker with strong assertion skills to assist in providing comprehensive and professional delivery of the Local Authority’s statutory duties pertaining to statutory assessment and review of children and young people with Special Educational Needs until at least January 2024.
Start Date: 2nd October 2023
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Rate: £250p/d - £275p/d Umbrella Inside IR35 (Dependant on experience and availability)
Remote working, one day on site per week is desirable within Leicestershire
An Enhanced DBS – Children’s and Adults is required for this role
- Consider, interpret and analyse requests for Education Health and Care needs assessment in line with legislation and local policy
- Prepare documentation for cases to be considered by the Local Area’s SEND Panel in relation to requests for Education Health and Care Plans
- Draft EHC Plans, ensuring they are co-produced through a person-centred planning approach, clear, accessible and outcome focused, of a high quality
- Interpret and analyse education, health and care needs assessment advice from parents, children and young people, schools and other agencies
- Analyse and assess Annual Review recommendations, decide whether or not to amend a Education Health and Care Plan and respond accordingly
- Undertake any necessary casework and negotiations prior to issuing a Final Education Health and Care Plan
- Assist a Senior SEN Case Manager in preparing responses to Tribunals
- To prepare and lead case management, co-production, person centred planning meetings throughout the SEN assessment
- To maintain a focus on preparation for adulthood throughout the EHC planning and annual review processes
- Work within a locality team to ensure timely management of cases
- Maintain effective communication with parents, schools, central services, health and social care professionals on individual cases
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.