Interim SEND Co-Production and Engagement Manager
Based in London
Hybrid working, 2 days per week
The SEND Co-Production Manager will lead the parental and young people’s engagement and co-production programme to ensure that co-production is embedded in policy and procedure and at the heart of SEND services.
Key Responsibilities of the SEND Co-Production Manager:
- To ensure the Local Offer is legally compliant and meets the needs of residents, families and practitioners
- To support the Parents Forum to engage with and represent a broad range of parent carers
- Act as a single point of contact for the Forum and engage and influence SEN innovatively, including in-person sessions and via social media
- Inspire and support the partnership to embed co-production within key workstreams, such as casework, quality assurance, the SEND strategy implementation plan, inspection readiness and the DfE Change Programme
- Lead a range of projects to ensure stakeholder engagement, events and communication activities in relation to the delivery of SEND programmes are purposeful and effective.
- Support the Head of SEND and the wider SEND management team to strengthen co-production practice within their service area
Skills, experience and knowledge required of the SEND Co-Production Manager:
- Deep understanding of legislation, including The Children and Families Act, 2014 and SEN Code of Practice, January 2015 to deliver the SEND programme for local families
- Experience of creating and designing projects, delivering a range of events
To apply for this role or to find out about other jobs, please contact Ellie Watson or Nicola Gradon on the London Local Government Recruitment team on 020 7557 7667 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for vouchers from a choice of high street organisations