SEND Workforce Development Coordinator
Location: West Midlands
Duration: Until 30th April 2024
Rate: Negotiable daily rates (Inside IR35)
Start: Nov 2023
Working Pattern: The role is Hybrid with school visits.
Please note you will require an Enhanced DBS.
The client is looking for an interim SEND Workforce Development Coordinator to join the Children’s Services SEND team initially until 30th April 2024. See below for further details:
You will be responsible for coordinating and implementing strategies to develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of professionals working with individuals with SEND within the local authority.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to identify the training needs of professionals working with individuals with SEND
- Developing a comprehensive plan to address these needs and ensure that appropriate training programs are available
- Responsible for organising and coordinating training programs for professionals working with individuals with SEND
- Liaising with external training providers, arranging venues, and managing logistics
- Provide guidance and support to professionals working with individuals with SEND
- May offer advice on best practices, provide resources and materials, and facilitate networking opportunities for professionals to share knowledge and experiences
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs to ensure that they are meeting the needs of professionals and improving outcomes for individuals with SEND
- May collect feedback from participants, analyse data, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with various stakeholders, including local schools, colleges, healthcare providers, and other relevant organisations
- Collaborate with these stakeholders to ensure that workforce development initiatives are aligned with local priorities and needs
- Stay updated with the latest legislation, policies, and best practices related to SEND
- Ensure that professionals are aware of any changes and provide guidance on how to implement them effectively
- Support the development of inclusive practices within the local authority
- May provide training on inclusive teaching methods, promote awareness of accessibility issues, and facilitate collaboration between professionals working with individuals with SEND
- Plays a crucial role in ensuring that professionals working with individuals with SEND have the necessary skills and knowledge to provide high-quality support and services
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders to improve outcomes for individuals with SEND and promote inclusive practices within the local authority
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.