Job Title: Senior Accounting Technician
Job reference: JES/64208
Job description: A Local Authority in the North West is looking for a Senior Accounting Technician provide professional expertise for the organisation. The role is to start on a temporary basis for up to 3 months with an opportunity to extend and it is working on a 37 hour per week basis. There is flexibility on remote working too.
- Advising and liaising with operational managers and within the Finance Service to ensure that detailed capital and revenue budgets are prepared and maintained in order to meet the Council’s Financial Standing Orders and current policies and guidelines
- Collating and analysing financial information and providing advice to operational managers to satisfy their needs and meet the corporate requirements of the Council
- Leading on the development of computerised accounting and other systems to satisfy manager’s and corporate needs
- Ensuring the preparation of final accounts and related returns for specific areas of responsibility allocated to the job
- Leading, Initiating and maintaining relationships with schools with clients, suppliers and other relevant parties, to ensure effective day to day operation of the team and take remedial action to maintain continuity of service and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Supervising a team of Accounting Technicians and finance trainees in the delivery of a Financial Service to internal and external clients, including schools
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience in a similar role
Hourly Rate: £150 - £200 per day
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.