We are currently working with an organisation who require the interim support of an experienced Senior Auditor who have worked extensively within the local government.
- Support the delivery of an effective audit and risk service to the Council
- Support the Audit Team Leader in the delivery of audit, risk and counter fraud
- Execute individual audit, risk and counter fraud assignments providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of governance, risk and internal control systems.
- Employ appropriate audit techniques and performing work to appropriate practice standards and adhering to the service quality assurance framework.
- This involves complying with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and associated CIPFA guidance.
- To provide advice and guidance – promoting the benefits of good governance, risk management and effective assurance throughout the organization and external clients.
- Continuously look for synergies and efficiency savings across the audit and risk team – promoting best practice and embedding new ways of thinking and working.
- To take personal responsibility for contributing to organizational and service transformation and changes to ways of working – maximizing the benefits for both internal and external customers.
- Local government experience in audits
- Experience in a local government
Full job description will be available upon request.
Duration: 12 months initially with likely extensions
Rate: £300 a day via umbrella company (Inside IR35)
FULLY REMOTE WORKING
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.