Senior Communications and Engagement Officer
Where: South Wales (homeworking with some travel to site)
Contact length: 6 months
Hourly rate: up to £21 DOE (via umbrella company)
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Communications and Engagement Officer to join our highly esteemed client in South Wales on an interim basis for 6 months.
Duties will include:
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of communications and engagement strategies that keeps the public and stakeholders informed
- Co-ordinate the delivery of communications and engagement campaigns and initiatives, including handling media enquiries and influencing public and stakeholders on key messaging
- Represent the organisation at community events and settings to explain Health Board developments and campaigns and how best to access stay healthy and access health services appropriately.
- Use specialist knowledge of public relations and marketing techniques to plan and project manage media initiatives/events and press launches.
- Work closely with colleagues to promote the good news of the organisation
- Attend meetings to build contacts and promote key messages; provide specialist communications advice and influence the communications and engagement agenda
- Ensure that there is a strong pipeline of engaging, timely and relevant news items for and about work on a wide range of channels and via the media
- Co-ordinate the production of written and digital content for communications packages, staff channels and social media
- Co-ordinate and edit content for the primary care section of the CTMUHB website and all other digital channels to ensure all information on primary and community care is kept updated
- Be a communication link with the media, public, community groups and public sector organisations. This will include making presentations to the media, staff or the Board on issues that may be sensitive
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Media, Journalism, PR, Marketing or English) or the equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the below techniques and approaches: Communications, Media handling, Public relations, Developing and running campaigns, Visits and events, Social media.
To apply for this role or to find out about other Communications jobs, please contact Cameron O’Donnell or Riley Garnett on the South West Communications Recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email email@example.com