Senior Communications Officer
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Duration: Until the end of December initially
Leicestershire – Hybrid Working Ideally 1/2 day per week.
We are currently working with a Local Authority who require the assistance of a Senior Communications Officer.
- Picking up day to day media, social media and PR work as directed by senior team members
- Support the team in delivering council strategic communications, PR & media, social media, marketing, digital & design, internal communications and events.
- Deliver complicated or sensitive information to a range of audiences in support of the team
- Undertake accurate research and analysis to support the marketing needs of the team
- Contribute to the implementation of creative and innovative communication
- Assist with communication projects for other departments across the organisation
- Contribute to the development of strategies to improve communication
- Assist in the production and presentation of accurate detailed and complex reports both verbally and in writing
- The role requires the ability to be able to write to an excellent standard across multiple platforms, including social media and content management systems
- Knowledge of and ability to utilise Microsoft office based packages (e.g. power point, excel, word)
- Public sector communications experience is essential
- Experience of guiding and supervising project work
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.