Senior Contracts Lawyer– London – 3 months – Hybrid - up to £65 per hour(umbrella) depending on experience
Venn Group’s specialist legal team is currently working with an established Local authority in London who are recruiting for a Senior Contracts Lawyer to join their department.
This is a full-time or Part-time position for 36 hours per week. The role is offered for an initial period of 3 months. However, this may be extended. This Job can be fully remote, however Hybrid working with office presence one day per week is preferred.
- To give adequate and timely legal advice to the Councils and their various departments on all matters relating to Contracts and Procurement legislation;
- To undertake complex and routine legal cases involving contracts and procurement matters without day to day supervision and to manage time and responsibilities accordingly;
- To ensure that all procedural/standing order requirements are complied with and to advise Members as necessary;
- To monitor changes in the law and practice as they effect the Team and implement changes when necessary. To inform the client departments of changes in the law and practice;
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with and advising on contracts and procurement matters and cases;
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister or equivalent Cilex or Filex
- Desirable to have experience of working within or for Local Government;
- Desirable to have experience of representation at Courts, Tribunals and Inquiries, including undertaking public inquiries and judicial reviews
- Broad knowledge of Local Government law (and in particular how decisions are made) or equivalent knowledge and willingness to learn
For further information, please contact Alexander Rasaq at Venn Group, by responding to this advert.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency which welcomes applications from all candidates.