Senior Economic Development Officer
We are currently working with an organisation who require the interim assistance of a Senior Economic Development Officer.
To provide professional support for the effective delivery of the Economic Development and Growth Service and the implementation of its strategies that delivers inclusive growth and makes a positive difference to local businesses, residents and visitors to the area and in the achievement of key priorities in the Council’s Corporate Plan.
- Undertake work that has a direct contribution to the achievement of outcomes and targets in the Service and/or Corporate Plan; partner programmes and objectives; Government priorities and other national initiatives, as directed by the Head of Economic Development and Growth
- To initiate and manage identified priority projects/programmes that support the delivery of the Economic Development Strategy and Corporate Plan, and to develop policies that have a positive and sustained impact on the economic profile of the area
- To play a lead role within the Economic Development and Growth service defining strategic and immediate opportunities and priorities, and researching, developing and delivering projects and initiatives to address these, with particular emphasis on taking forward initiatives to improve skills, productivity, employability, workforce development, social mobility and connectivity
- To plan and organise the delivery of a range of events, campaigns and other community/business focused interventions that raise the profile of the service and the organisation as a business partner and employer
- To identify internal resources and/or secure external funding streams through cross-departmental working, researching and submitting bids/applications, and managing the implementation of projects/programmes in order to achieve economic development objectives
- To have previous experience of grant applications working within a local authority
Rate: £20 per hour via umbrella company (Inside IR35)
Duration: Ongoing contract - 3 months initially, likely extension, with the possibility of it becoming a permanent opportunity
Fully Remote Working
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.