We're currently partnering with an impressive organisation within the distribution industry on an excellent Financial Controller role. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a business on an exciting growth trajectory, on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. This role will oversee the work of three direct reports, who you will responsible for training and managing, as well as overseeing the work of the wider finance team through a dotted line.
The role is seeking to pay c.£70,000 in addition to an excellent bonus and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts as well as Year End accounts for audit & consolidation
- Managing a team of 3, whilst also maintaining controllership of the wider finance team (c. 12 individuals)
- Reconcile Year End Accounts for Audit to Year End Management Accounts.
- Assist with the production of Annual Budgets for all entities
- Overview of monthly bank reconciliations and cash flow report
- Overview of Quarterly VAT Returns (both local and international where necessary)
- Oversee Monthly payroll processing as we as monthly reconciled payments to HMRC, reconciled year end returns / P11Ds, bonus payments, and ensuring timely completion of this
- Liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally, such as suppliers
What we're looking for:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with at least 5 years PQE
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and controls
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to lead and influence a complex team
- An organised individual with strong attention to detail
- A proactive self starter, with the ability to work off their own initiative and make key decisions independently
- Experience within the distribution industry is desirable, however not essential.
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Kenzie Nicholls on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org