Role: Senior IT Support Analyst
Start date: ASAP
Hybrid: 1-2 days in the office / 3 days WFH
A reputable organisation local to Staffordshire are looking for someone to be the primary point of contact for IT support company who provide assistance and installations throughout the UK. This role will be responsible for working remotely through escalations that they cannot resolve themselves. The person fulfilling this role should also expect to visit sites throughout the UK when required to provide IT support. The post holder will frequently be in direct contact with technical and non-technical staff, therefore you will need to be a confident communicator with the ability to communicate complexed issues in a manner suitable for all to understand.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Prior experience working with, and coordinating, 3rd party services.
- Prior experience working as a 2nd line IT support analyst.
- Good technical understanding of, and experience supporting, end user devices such as Laptops, Mobiles, and Printers.
- Experience supporting end users with VOIP telephone systems
- Experience using MS Intune to manage mobile devices (Android).
- Extensive experience supporting Windows desktop operating systems.
- Good understanding of PC components and their function.
- Prior experience with hardware troubleshooting and physical repairs.
- Prior experience using remote support tools such as LogMeIn, to communicate with users and resolve technical issues.
- Good technical understanding of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, One Drive etc.)
- Good appreciation of, and understanding of, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, firewalls, etc to troubleshoot end user network issues.
- Good technical understanding of, and experience managing user accounts in Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Exchange. (Account permissions, managing accounts, group policies, and best practices).
- Good understanding of, and experience using system management and deployment tools such as SCCM or Intune
- Good understanding of IT security principals and best practices, including the Data protection Act 2018 and GDPR
- Experience utilising CLI’s such as Shell, Terminal, CMD or PowerShell
- Experience using scripting languages to automate repetitive tasks.
- Use of virtualisation technologies for troubleshooting end user issues.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Clear, and polite phone manner
- Able to perform well under pressure, in a fast-paced but exciting environment
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly
- Pay attention to detail and be able to focus for long periods of time
- Ability to triage and prioritise your own workload, recognising true priorities whilst having empathy to the requesters.
- Ability to provide training to colleagues, coaching and supporting them with technical queries and IT related issues
- Able to explain complex technical information in a way which people, with varying technical skill, can understand (both written and verbally).
- The ability to produce good quality documentation.
- A methodical and logical approach, to diagnose and resolve IT issues of varying complexity.
- Ability to use your own initiative, be self-efficient, and not reliant on being shown how to proceed.
- Must be able to work well within a team, leading by example, and displaying the behaviours expected from a senior analyst.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to calm agitated people
- Able to diagnose and resolve technical issues, whilst continuously keeping tickets and requesters updated with your progress.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.