Senior Project Engineer (Waste Management)
We are currently working with a large local authority who require the interim assistance of a Senior Project Engineer to manage contracts for waste management services and infrastructure and to prepare contract documents and reports.
- Ensure former landfill sites are managed in accordance with best practice guidance and legislative requirements
- Ensure the risk of environmental pollution from closed landfill sites is minimised by designing, managing and maintaining waste control systems for landfill gas and leachate
- Commission and supervise investigations and studies by consultants into technical and safety aspects of closed landfill sites and other waste infrastructure
- Manage the planning, organisation and delivery of projects and programmes of work
- Manage and motivate staff, anticipate the needs of team members and provide leadership, solutions and support
- Provide technical direction to staff, project team members, contractors and service users
- Build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to enable the development and delivery of services
- Manage and control devolved budgets
- Manage tendering, award and supervision of contracts in accordance with financial regulations
- Prepare bids for internal and external funding
- Ensure activities comply with internal and external policies, procedures and legislation where applicable
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience preparing contract documents, contract management and site supervision of engineering and/or waste management contracts and infrastructure projects
- Experience in the management and maintenance of landfill gas and leachate control systems
- Project management of a variety of high value schemes
- Budgetary control and monitoring
Duration: 3 months with likely extensions
Rate: Rates negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Full JD is available upon request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.