Senior Public Health Programme Officer (Mental Health)
We are currently working with a large council seeking a Senior Public Health Programme Officer within the Wider Determinants of Health and Wellbeing: People team. This team leads the mental health and suicide prevention work across Public Health and oversees the Creating a Mentally Healthy City Forum and the Suicide Prevention Advisory Group.
The role will provide support and management, delivering the public health agenda for mental health and suicide prevention, including managing the Suicide Prevention Advisory Group and delivering public health specialist advice and insight to mental health services and suicide prevention coordinators across the Council and NHS as well as supporting the Creating a Mentally Healthy City Forum.
- Project manage and coordinate the delivery of the various projects associated with the Suicide Prevention programme of work, including the Suicide Prevention Advisory Group and accompanying Action Plan
- Understand the local mental health needs of the population and define appropriate solutions and initiative where required
- This includes the development of business cases and service specifications
- Work with procurement colleagues in the delivery of appropriate tenders for People Team initiatives including, but not limited to, the Prevention and Promotion Fund for Better Mental Health initiatives and delivery ensuring the local authorities standing orders are adhered to
- Implement and deliver evidence-based Public Health interventions and programmes that address the Suicide Prevention and Mental Health portfolios of work, including mental health profiles and influencing the implementation and sustainability of associated projects
Skills & Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who:
- Has experience of working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders in supporting Public Health outcomes, for example elected members and the commissioners and providers of health and care services
- Has experience of coordinating and supporting performance and governance arrangements, including development and implementation of improvement actions in line with agreed priorities
- Understands the role that the health and wellbeing board can play to improve health and wellbeing
- Has knowledge of Public Health priorities and the relevant policy environment
- Has experience of supporting the delivery of major projects in complex and challenging environments
- Has experience in developing staff through both formal and informal opportunities
If you are looking for work and this is of interest, please respond to this advert with your up to date CV and one of the team will be in touch.
Remote Working Available
Start: Dec 2021/Jan 2022
Duration: 3-6 month contract initially with high likelihood of extensions
Rate: This is dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
Please note: interviews will be held on 14th December