Immediately Required – Senior Youth Support Worker
Hours: 35 - 40 hours per week (some unsocial hours may be required)
Pay: £14 - £16 per hour via Umbrella (Sleep in’s may also be required at a fixed rate to be discussed) Please note rates depend upon experience
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Youth Support worker to work in a 24/7 service in Derby. Previous experience in a youth supportive role is essential to be considered for this post which also includes having experience of managing a small team.
Responsibilities of the role Senior Youth Support Worker:
- Manage a small team of Support staff – 5 in total
- Assist in the management and leadership of the team to help promote Services to Local Authorities and other relevant organisations
- Monitor the young persons’ progress throughout their residency
- Empower young people to make informed decisions regarding their educational and professional future
- Signpost individuals onto outside support services
- Maintain accurate and relevant information on young persons in the designated caseload and to provide monthly reports to the social worker/Local Authority
- Supervise staff and monitor their progress throughout the assignment
- Assist in highlighting new services that would benefit young people in the community
- Liaise with social workers/managers and other relevant organisations
- Assist with assessment and casework processes and attend meeting when necessary
- Provide advice, support and guidance to young people, and help empower young people to take more control over their lives to become independent
- Enhanced DBS
- Full UK drivers’ license and access to own vehicle
- A social work qualification or equivalent and have at least 3 years’ experience of working in social work setting
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Kimberleigh Parsons on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.