Service Desk Manager – Contract Opportunity
Venn Group are currently working with an esteemed NHS organisation in the London seeking a Service Desk Manager who will manage the IT service desk which provides 1st and 2nd line support to IT users throughout the Trust.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage the Trust’s IT service desk service and staff and to efficiently control the support life cycle in accordance with ITIL principles. To plan the resourcing of the service desk to ensure good customer service.
- To ensure that all calls to the service desk are logged accurately and that the initial response is appropriate to ensure a satisfactory and speedy resolution for the user.
- To ensure that learning from IT incidents is captured and recorded so as to ensure a constantly improving IT service to users.
- To monitor service desk calls, staffing, volumes, response and resolution times and to produce reports which show performance levels and trends. To predict demand and take pre-emptive steps to ensure that good customer service is maintained.
- To line manage and train the service desk engineers and service desk technicians, ensuring a high quality service to users at all times.
- To respond to and escalate as appropriate complaints received at the service desk, respecting their confidentiality and sensitivity, and to investigate and address the causes of any complaints to ensure they are not repeated.
- To have primary responsibility for the IT service management system (Hornbill).
Ideal skills and experience required will include:
- Recent NHS experience with knowledge of NHS Systems
- Experience of being responsible for at least 2000 users
- At least 2 years’ management of a technical team
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT support in a large organisation and complex IT environment
- IT systems and support in a hospital preferred
Duration: 3 months contract
Location: London, 5 days on site
Rate: £355.21 per day, inside IR35
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have received this role in error we do apologise. We are always trying to ensure candidates receive the relevant specifications, please do drop us a brief message so we can update your profile.