We are working with an established international bank based in the City of London. They are looking for a director level hire to manage the Service Desk Team for the London office.
This needs to be a hands on team leader who has the ability to lead the service desk support in all aspects of end user computing. The team currently consists of 4, and the team cover shifts between 7am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday.
Day to day 2nd Line Support functions will include;
- Solve desktop problems
- Manage and Deploy Application upgrades
- Solve MDS problems
- Manage and Deploy security standards & patches
- Write documentation/processes as part of team
- Manage and Support BYOD devices
- Decide on technical solutions for desktop – hardware or software
- Liaise closely with senior management to identify and specify requirements
In addition to providing leadership of the team on the day-to-day service desk and desktop support, the individual is expected to undertake a lead role in project work, including:
- Assist in the development of technical standards and operating procedures
- Migration to 365
- Update to Windows 10 operating system
- Application upgrades and deployments
This position requires a results and customer oriented individual, who is able to work closely with customers to understand and document requirements and translate these requirements into designs. People management skills are essential, this role will also need someone with strong communications skills as you will be engaging with senior managers, traders, board members and liaising with head office.
The successful candidate should be ITIL certified and possess Market trading floor experience as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with Blackberry UEM and BYOD devices is also helpful.