Service Manager – Children’s & YP Commissioning
West Midlands Based
Duration: 4 months initial Contract (Mar 2024) – Likely extension
Rate: £310p/d Inside IR35 – this could be negotiable based on experience
Flexible Hybrid Working
Our client is seeking the interim assistance of an experienced Commissioning Professional who will lead the development and delivery of commissioning, procurement and contracting to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people including those within the SEN arena within the available resources.
In this pivotal role, you will play a significant part in leading the development and delivery of commissioning, procurement, and contracting, with a specific focus on enhancing outcomes for children and young people, including those in the Special Educational Needs (SEN) domain. Your responsibilities will include:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing and utilising commissioning, procurement and contracting systems to increase the efficiency and cost effectiveness of People Directorate commissioned services
- Reduce the cost of services and the cost of doing business by identifying ways to achieve better outcomes at lower cost through developing new models and market innovation
- Drive down the cost of services, reduce duplication and minimise the costs of managing and administering those services, to deliver a balanced budget and target available resources at those most in need
- Jointly lead on the All Age Commissioning programme with the Service Manager (Adults) to ensure a seamless provider market exists and functions in line with the Borough’s All Age Disability model
- Lead the development of a consistent approach to commissioning, contracting and service procurement across children’s services and support the development of the approach across adult social care and health and wellbeing
- Manage the Children’s commissioning and contracting functions across the People’s Directorate
- Working with key colleagues from the directorate, develop and oversee the development and delivery of an annual Children’s Sufficiency Strategy and commissioning plan for the directorate
- Deliver the commissioning aspects of the directorate efficiency strategy
If you are a passionate and experienced leader with a strong background in Children's Commissioning, we encourage you to apply for this important interim position. Please submit your CV, a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, and your availability for an interview.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.