Speech and Language Therapist – (x3)
Duration: Temporary, 3 - 5 months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm/ 8:30 – 4:30 or PT available
Rate: £19-£26.00 per hour (Via an umbrella Company)
These are interim contracts of 3- 5 months offering £19-26 per hour. For the positions available, it will be focusing on adults and children with Learning Disabilities and Dysphagia. We have full-time and part-time roles available. For this position, they are looking at an immediate start.
Outline duties below:
- Working closely with uni/multi-disciplinary teams/agencies in addressing a range of care/support issues across the spectrum of conditions, preventing unnecessary hospital admissions and improving the health and wellbeing of the population served
- Assessing new service user referrals and care/support needs. Assesses service users and formulates, develops, implements and evaluates programmes of treatment /care/support for individuals, families and carers
- Assessing, diagnosing and managing complex/specialist communication disorders and/or dysphagia, using highly developed auditory and perception skills in transcribing and analysing service user’s speech. Providing evidence based outcomes following assessment and intervention
- Experience of working with adults/children with complex acquired disorders of communication and swallowing is essential. Competencies in tracheostomy management and videofluoroscopy are desired
- To participate in the organisations, delivery and development of Speech and Language interventions
- Carrying out a clinical caseload in communication and dysphagia providing specialised Speech and Language Therapy to adults with a learning disability with a range of highly complex needs in a variety of settings
- Providing specialist clinical support and supervision to other Speech and Language Therapists, assistants, students and members of the multi-disciplinary team
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron, Leo Steeden or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations