Duration: Temporary, three months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9-5pm (FT)
Rate: c. £18 - £22 per hour (via umbrella company) DOE
A leading NHS Trust is looking for a Speech Physiotherapist for an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is three months. The role for the Speech Physiotherapist will be working as part of the community team, working with people with Learning Disabilities alongside the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Providing a specialised service for people with learning disabilities who have eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties
- Assessing new service user referrals and care/support needs. Assesses service users and formulates, develops, implements and evaluates programmes of treatment /care/support for individuals, families and carers
- Assessing, diagnosing and managing complex/specialist communication disorders and/or dysphagia, using highly developed auditory and perception skills in transcribing and analysing service user’s speech. Providing evidence based outcomes following assessment and intervention
- Experience of working with adults with complex acquired disorders of communication and swallowing is essential.
- To participate in the organisations, delivery and development of Speech and Language interventions
- Carrying out a clinical caseload in communication and dysphagia providing specialised Speech Physiotherapy to adults with a learning disability with a range of highly complex needs in a variety of settings
- Providing specialist clinical support and supervision to other Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, assistants, students and members of the multi-disciplinary team
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron, Leo Steeden or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of two weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations