Strategic Manager – Workforce & HR
Rate: £600 per day, umbrella Inside IR35
Hours: Full time
Duration: 3-6 months initially
Responsible to: Assistant Director – Strategy, Economy and Communications
Location: West Midlands
Hybrid Working – working arrangements negotiable
You will deliver strategic HR support pertaining to change management, service restructuring, employee relations; pay and reward and learning and development.
You will manage the Human Resources, Learning and Development and Payroll teams effectively, these include (but are not limited to):
Pay and Conditions
Reward and Benefits
Learning and Development
- To lead the development and implementation of the overall workforce strategy for the council, which is fully aligned to the overall corporate strategy and operational plan
- To lead the HR team across the full employee lifecycle, ensuring that they deliver the highest levels of service to the business across all aspects of HR and workforce development
- To deliver strategic HR support pertaining to change management; service restructuring; employee relations; pay and reward and learning and development
- To lead on the development, implementation and review of employment related processes, procedures and guidance, ensuring that they are compliant with current legislation and reflective of best practice
- To define the requirements and enable the production of key workforce information, ensuring that it is utilised appropriately to inform and support management decisions
- To pursue new and innovative approaches to people sourcing in order to address skill shortages and recruitment difficulties faced within a multifaceted organisation
- To support the Director and Assistant Director in translating strategic vision and priorities into operational plans, monitoring their progress on a regular basis, identifying exceptions and risks and putting in place appropriate strategies
- To lead on the development, implementation and evaluation of relevant business plans, transformation plans, corporate strategies, policies and procedures to deliver appropriate customer focused quality services to support the Council’s core services
- To drive and deliver the workforce strategy, ensuring that adequate benchmarking is undertaken and that appropriate measures are in place for monitoring
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you! Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.