VACANCY – Support and Advocacy Worker
Length: 5 weeks (potential of extension)
Salary: £11.20 Per Hour Inclusive of Holiday Pay
Hours: 37 hours (Mon – Fri)
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Support and Advocacy worker to be based in Worcester for a 5 week temporary contract. Said candidates will have experience working with vulnerable individuals fleeing domestic violence in a refuge environment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide ongoing support to all residents in response to their individual needs, as assessed on admission and through regular review
- Record all reviews, plans and essential information in a timely manner and in accordance with charities policy for data recording and information management
- Ensure that there is access to emergency supplies for new residents or for those with few resources: this can include clothing, nappies, toiletries and food
- Help residents to understand and adhere to their licence agreement throughout their stay at refuge.
- Provide information to new residents to assist them in their orientation in the local area – specifically, where to locate essential services such as schools, GP surgeries, housing offices, solicitors etc
- Provide practical support to residents in engagement with local services, supporting them by attending appointments with them as and when appropriate
- Provide residents with listening and reflective support and help in understanding and recovering from the physical and emotional impact of domestic abuse, using evidence-based models where appropriate in either a group or individual setting
- Assist residents with application for benefits, and with budgeting and the management of debt
- Support residents with housing applications, housing appointments and re-housing, advocating on their behalf with housing providers
- Experience within supporting those fleeing domestic violence
- Enhanced DBS
- Full Licence with access to vehicle
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact the Social Housing and Support teamon 0121 616 0660 and ask for Katie Dugmore (Associate Consultant for the Midlands), or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.