Support Worker Required
Length: 12 weeks temporary to permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Pay: Temporary - £11.50 Inclusive of Holiday Pay; £18,000 Permanent
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Support Worker on a temporary to permanent opportunity. You will be required to support tenants with life choices enabling them to thrive in new accommodation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support customers with moving in, ensuring they understand and meet the terms of their tenancy
- Support tenants in adjusting to their new home ensuring that all physical and emotional needs are addressed
- Support Housing staff, with Housing related issues, i.e., benefits and rents
- Key working a number of customers, contributing to the preparation, implementation, monitoring and regular review of individual support plans
- Provide the necessary degree of assistance to customers in line with their abilities and needs to enable them to carry out day to day personal tasks including the taking of medication, developing personal relationships, personal hygiene and diet
- Communicate with customers on a day to day basis ensuring that all necessary services including medical and social services are provided as directed by the team manager and in line with residents wishes
- Taking a secondary role to the team leader/manager in liaising directly with external bodies and partners as required on behalf of customers
- Assist customers by helping them to become aware of their social opportunities, ensuring they are made aware of the relevant health and safety issues, particularly in relation to their use of fire, gas and electrical appliances using training and support
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Kim Parsons on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.