Interim Housing & Support Recruitment Solutions
Refugee support worker urgently required by Venn
We are seeking a passionate and compassionate Refugee Support Worker to join our team and help us in our mission to provide a safe haven for refugee womenAs a Refugee Support Worker, you will play a crucial role in offering a wide range of services to empower these women to regain their independence and live free from fear
Contract duration: 3 Months (Temp – Perm)
Salary: £10.42 - £11.42 per hour PAYE (or Umbrella equivelent)
Vacancy ref number: ￼ 76892
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Provide emotional support and counseling to refugee women who have experienced trauma and abuse.
- Conduct intake assessments to understand the needs and preferences of each client.
- Create and implement individualized support plans for each client, addressing their unique challenges and goals.
- Assist clients in accessing legal, medical, and social services.
- Offer guidance on immigration and legal matters, connecting clients to relevant resources.
- Advocate on behalf of clients to ensure their rights and needs are met.
- Coordinate and conduct group support sessions to foster a sense of community among clients.
- Collaborate with external agencies, such as immigration services and language programs, to provide holistic support.
- Maintain thorough and confidential client records and documentation.
- Stay updated on relevant immigration policies and regulations.
Essential criteria include:
- DBS on the update service or made with in the last year
- Good sound knowledge of safeguarding and risk assessment
To apply for this role or to find out about other Housing jobs, please contact James Ford from the Bristol Housing recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.