Job Title: Support Worker
Job reference: SGL/22062022
Job description: We are recruiting for a Support Worker with a Local Authority in Cumbria. The role is a 12 month full-time contract with the chance to go permanent which begins at the beginning of September.
About the role:
- Work as part of a team within the Children’s Home providing evidence of high standards of care as required in accordance with relevant legislation, procedures and policies and deliver the ‘statement of purpose’ for the home
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with children and young people and their families. Provide emotional health and wellbeing support and practical support to young people have a learning disability, autism and complex needs who can display behaviours that challenge
- To maintain a healthy and safe environment for service users, staff and out of hour professionals authorised to attend the home
- Support young people with their personal and health care including the occasional administration of medication and support of clinical procedures in line with the councils policy and procedure
- Support the managers in maintaining appropriate standards of care which is of high quality and exceeds the regulatory requirements in line with legislation, council policy and procedure and health and safety executive
- To deal with emergency situations in a competent and professional manner
Hours per Week: 3/4 10 -12 hour shifts a week (flexible)
Salary: £26000-£28000 Per annum
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sean Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.