Urgent Housing Support Worker vacancy
An established housing charity is looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker to start ASAP to work in a homeless hostel that supports clients aged 16-65, based in Sandy.
Length: Temporary to permanent
Hours: 37 hours a week with shift patterns
Shifts: 8:00am- 4:00pm
1 in 3 weekends: 11:00am- 7:30pm
You will also be required to be on call 1 in 3 weeks also.
The role involves:
- Providing advice on housing and welfare benefits
- Supporting homeless clients to become more independent in temporary accommodation
- Helping clients to move on and resettle into new accommodation
- Following support plans and producing risk assessments for your caseload
- Liaising with external agencies and support clients with applications
- Ensuring tenants adhere to their tenancy agreements
- Signposting service users to specialist services when required
- Ensuring residents do not accumulate any arrears and supporting them with budgeting
- Turning around void rooms within a timely manner which includes cleaning duties and removal of waste and rubbish
- This role does involve lone working
- Experience with supporting vulnerable people to become more independent
- Knowledge of housing benefits
- Driver with access to a car
- An enhanced DBS from within 3 years or willingness to obtain a new one
If you are interested in this role please call Tia ASAP on 01908 295 000 or email Thewitt@venngroup.com with your updated CV.