Suspension and Tyre Design Principle Engineer
Milton Keynes (Hybrid working)
12 Month+ Contract
Our client, a global organisation, urgently require an experienced Instrument Cluster Principle Engineer to undertake a long term contract.
In order to be successful, you will have the following experience:
- Experience in suspension / tyre development within automotive industry
Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the design of suspension tuning components (springs / stabilizer bars / top mounts / bump stops / bushes / strut bearings) that are aligned with best-in-class handling and comfort
- Development and Target setting for tyres, taking into account performance requirements set by the Performance Planning teams, as well as cost and quality.
- Perform CAD operation in NX Teamcenter
- Optimize designs within the vehicle package space
- Generate engineering data (models, drawings, specs) to allow manufacture of these designs
- Participate in the sourcing process and interface with the supply chain team and suppliers as required
- Ensure the proper application of new designs on development vehicle builds
- Establish manufacturing, assembly and service feasibility
- Complete and release system, sub-system and detail designs into the bill of materials
- Preform root cause analysis on warranty concerns and develop suitable countermeasures
- Establish clear Budget and subsequent validation of cost monitoring throughout the development.
- Complete component and system validation, ensuring performance targets are met
This represents an excellent opportunity to secure a long term contract within a high profile organisation.
For further information, please contact Darcie Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org)