Teaching Support Officer (Teaching Assistant)
Duration: Temp to Perm
Hours: Full Time
Pay Rate: £12-£14 per hour via an umbrella Company
An opening has arisen for a Teaching Support Officer to be based in Cambridge. Said individual will work under the direction of the lecturer in the classroom and to provide support to individuals and groups of students to help them achieve their programme aims.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the provision of guidance, support and feedback to individuals and groups of students in a variety of work areas
- Assisting in the monitoring of students and in maintaining accurate student records relevant to the role
- Maintaining levels of stock and order materials as required by programme area. Keep records if expenditure related to the purchase of consumables and keep managers well informed of programme area needs
- Where appropriate, prepare and issue materials to staff and students and ensure safe return to main store after use
- Maintaining equipment and manage storerooms and cupboards to assist in the organisation of the programme area’s materials
- Assisting in the reproduction of appropriate learning materials as directed by lecturing staff which may include setting up materials in advance of the lesson
- Assisting lecturing staff in maintaining an orderly and stimulating learning environment
- Attending relevant meetings and assist in providing reports as appropriate
- Obtaining and maintain a current First Aid certificate
- Promoting safe and healthy working practices in learning areas applying and complying with Health and Safety Regulations
- Following and comply with college safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Participating in training and development activities as appropriate.
- Attending team, department and college meetings as required.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained where required and compliance with Data Protection regulations and policy.
- Undertaking such other work as may be required from time to time by the Principal consistent with the duties and grading of the post
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Ash Sahota (Senior Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations