Team Leader, Solicitor – Commercial Law
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and dedicated Solicitor to join a Magic Circle at their Birmingham office on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The position will see you managing Team Leaders, dealing with pricing matters and managing projects, on an agile working basis. The role is 50/50 split between chargeable fee earning work and non-chargeable management responsibilities.
Working closely with the Centre Manager, you will prepare first drafts of cost estimates for new matters, carry out budget vs spend tracking, assist with work allocation and spot quality checking as well as being the first point of escalation of queries. In addition, you will also be responsible for supporting the team leaders in ensuring they run their matters efficiently and maintain appropriate records for each matter.
- 2:1 Degree or equivalent
- UK or Foreign Qualified Solicitor (with a current practicing certificate) or equivalent (for example CILEX)
- 4 years PQE+ in a commercial practice area with a willingness and interest to develop in other practice areas
- Experience in transactional matters is desirable
- A qualification in project management is desirable
- Experience of supervising lawyers and paralegals (whether on a temporary or permanent basis) is essential
Applications will be considered from individuals seeking part-time employment of four days per week.
The salary on offer is expected to be in the region of £60,000 - £70,000 per annum plus benefits. Candidates are invited to apply and discuss their individual salary.
Please apply for this role online or contact Andreea Miron at Venn Group via phone, email or LinkedIn for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.