Technical Support Officer
An organisation in the North East of the UK has approached Venn Group’s IT Team to secure Technical Support Officers for a critical piece of work.
The successful engineer will need the ability to work on their own and manage themselves, as well as demonstrate excellent communication skills and a pleasant personality.
- To maintain the existing ICT infrastructure by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Reconfigure complex network computer systems to deal with service demands and user requirements.
- Participate in the provision of an effective and efficient fault resolution service, recording actions via the IT helpdesk, and comply with the escalation procedure to ensure minimum disruption of ICT services
- Ensure effective fault finding and problem solving to high or complex level.
- Provide assistance to, and work closely with the Infrastructure support and Operations teams.
- Ensure that ICT system, equipment and line faults are repaired in a suitable timescale and to a satisfactory standard
- Work with users and suppliers on all aspects of ICT services including those of a more complicated nature.
- Maintain a Clear and tidy workspace through example and directing others.
- Modify user accounts to control access to applications. Ensure through the use of complex ICT systems that access to users is maintained allowing only the correct level of usage.
- Ensure that through reporting and querying that correct and proper usage is maintained of all ICT systems.
- Deliver user training and advice on the use of specialist packages.
- Asset management - compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, including for all asset movements; ensuring all equipment in the IT department is labelled and stored appropriately.
- Proactive support such as device replacement and software (OS) upgrades
- Deploy PCs and associated software and peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
Location: North East UK (full address given on application)
Duration: 6 Months +
Rate: £17.75 per hour (umbrella)
Start: ASAP (Feb 2022)
To apply, please use the link provided
If you are not currently looking for work, but you have a friend or family with similar experience, please forward through their details. Any successful recommendation will receive be high street shopping vouchers