Transaction & Credit Analyst - Projects in Energies and Natural Resources (Banking)
The Transaction and Credit Analyst for Energies and Natural Resources Projects will be a pivotal contributor to the New Energies & Natural Resources team within a leading bank in the City of London.
The role-holder will provide crucial support in executing transactions, facilitating marketing activities, and originating new business. This role demands a candidate with robust analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate across internal departments and external stakeholders.
This initial contract opportunity is set to last for a minimum of 12 months, with scope for opportunities to extend and/or convert to a permanent member of staff.
- Transactional Assistance:
- Collaborate with VP/D level employees in transaction execution, providing analytical and administrative support.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews and analyses of information, including customer financial statements, project finance financial models, due diligence, and legal documentation.
- Assist in gathering customer information (KYC, DD, etc.) and attend customer meetings as needed.
- Interdepartmental Coordination:
- Interface with various internal departments, such as portfolio management and Credit, ensuring effective collaboration and information exchange.
- Support in Marketing and Negotiation:
- Aid marketing and negotiating teams in lead arrangement and transaction structuring.
- Prepare marketing materials adhering to guidelines and seek compliance approval.
- Credit Application and Data Oversight:
- Prepare credit applications and oversee data input for GBR, EIC, and other systems.
- Input transactions into the Project Finance Grading Methodology (PD/LDG model) and Corporate Grading Methodology (C&I model).
- Financial Modelling and Analysis:
- Execute financial modelling and analysis for projects in support of transaction lead, as necessary.
- Asset Management and Administrative Support:
- Contribute to asset management, distributions, and other ISD areas as directed by the team head.
- Manage administrative and support functions related to the team, including the preparation/circulation of signing logs and materials for internal procedures.
- Compliance and Process Adherence:
- Acquire an understanding of the Bank’s internal procedures and processes, ensuring accurate application in relevant tasks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field (Master’s degree is advantageous).
- Demonstrated experience in project finance or related areas within the Energies and Natural Resources sector.
- Proficient analytical skills to assess complex financial information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for effective interaction with clients and internal teams.
- Mastery in financial modelling and analysis.
- Familiarity with banking systems and credit applications.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledgeable about regulatory compliance and committed to adhering to internal processes.
To explore this opportunity further, submit your CV to this advert and a member of the Financial Services team will reach out.