Transport Officer wanted for an immediate start
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Length: Temporary ongoing
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Assist the Service Manager in the management and control of Transport services within the organisation
- Operationally plan, organise and manage the organisations in house transport arrangements which includes a team of drivers and one coordinator who provide medication & postal / delivery services throughout the area and patient transport
- Accountable for the Lease Car Scheme; manage the lease car scheme and Fleet Insurance
- Monitor the activity for the Transport Department including data analysis and provision of information to the Facilities Team Senior Management
- Manage staff covering the operational in house transport arrangements which includes ensuring that operational services are maintained to a high standard, and the service and its staff are compliant in all areas such as Traffic Legislation, mandatory training etc.
- Maintain service standards compliance and financial outcome
- Procure and administer leased vehicles through the established Purchasing Framework
- Assist the Service Manager and the Support Services Business Manager in the development management and monitoring of all Transport contracts which also includes liaising with internal and external stakeholders to maintain a high level of service and value for money when services are being provided
- Maintain records of all leased cars and operated vehicles including insurance, maintenance, RFL and administration
- Deal with the administration of parking or speeding fines to the respective drivers
- Manage the process of driving assessments and training for all transport drivers, volunteers and staff who drive mini buses and specialist vehicles
- Assist the Head of Facilities with any transport related tasks/projects as required
- Experience of transport services related management
- Experience of managing lease vehicle schemes
- Experience of procurement issues relating to transport services, including purchase orders and contract management
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please apply now.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.