EHCP Tribunal Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months with very likely extensions
Rate: £460 a day via Umbrella Inside IR35 (Full-time)
Remote Working with 1 day a week in Gloucestershire
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in the Gloucestershire area, for a ECHCP Tribunal Coordinator to join them on an interim basis for at least the next six months.
The ideal candidate will take a lead role in coordinating and leading on EHCP tribunal processes and dispute resolution activities. Therefore candidates will only be considered if they demonstrate significant experience and competence in this area of work.
Responsibilities/expectations of the role:
- Support the EHCP Area Lead by taking a lead responsibility for a specific area of work and geographical locality
- Prepare for, and present at, First Tier Tribunals (SENDIST Appeals)
- Provide supervision and casework oversight to EHCP Case Coordinators
- Quality assure and sign off statutory plans completed by EHCP Case Coordinators
- Work with regard to statutory requirements and timeframes in the preparation, review and amendments of statutory plans (EHCPs)
- Prepare and present cases to SEN Panel
- Work with a wide variety of professionals to include educational settings, Health and outside professional agencies (local, countywide and occasional national collaboration needed)
- Work closely with legal representatives (within and external) and to be aware of relevant legislation and cases
- Work closely with families and carers to ensure effective and appropriate SEN provision is being made and is securing positive outcomes
- Monitor the quality of Statutory Assessment, Annual Review and associated EHCP documentation, to evaluate this and to contribute to ongoing improvements
- Work closely with SENCOs and other practitioners, including training where necessary, to improve the quality of documentation and the quality of outcomes for CYP with EHCPs
- Monitor and challenge, where appropriate, the outcome of statutory reviews
Please note - An Enhanced DBS check and you will be asked to apply for a disclosure certificate if you are offered the position
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Katie Dugmore (Senior Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations