We are currently working with a local authority that are need of an experienced VAT Accountant to join them on an interim basis for at least the next 3-6 months with a view to extend. Please see below for a summary of the details:
The post holder is responsible to the Strategic Financial Accountant and will be responsible for the provision of financial management and reporting for the council. You will be expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Providing strategic advice to senior managers and officers on tax issues
- Supervising of VAT claims and dealing with HM Customs & Excise on all VAT matters
- Co-ordinate the regular update of financial policies, guidance and procedure notes for all Council employees on the intranet
- To be involved with other comparable duties within the Finance, Governance & Assurance service consistent with the level of the post and, in particular, those that will enable the Division to respond effectively to the changing requirements of the Council
- Previous experience working within a local authority or local government organisation
- Extensive experience with VAT and VAT Accounts
Full JD available upon request
Duration: 3 – 6 month contract initially
Rate: £300-£400 per day umbrella – Please note the Daily rate negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Fully Remote Working – Full Time 5 days per week
Equipment is provided
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.