We are working with a Council in the Midlands who are looking for the Interim assistance of a Waste Management Operative.
Please see below for more details:
Rate: From £14.63 per hour via an umbrella company (negotiable dependant on experience)
Duration: 3 – 6 Months Initially
Hybrid Working Arrangement- Leicestershire
N.B. Full, valid driving licence
- To operate the loading shovel and other plant and equipment at waste sites for Leicestershire. Duties include but are not restricted to; operating loading shovel and plant, loading vehicles, maintaining the sites and assisting to deliver a safe and efficient service
- To ensure that services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire
- To engage with internal and external site users and maintain positive and cooperative working relationship
- To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner possibl
- Receive all deliveries, check electronic/paper based records to ensure compliance and communicate effectively with drivers/contractors to operate safely on site
- Ensure all paper based and electronic records are accurate and current
- Use equipment and systems including the weighbridge system to ensure sites operate safely and efficiently.
- Operate the loading shovel and plant to manage and bulk waste
- Operate telehandler (only when trained and approved as operator) and baler (once trained) to load/unload products on sit
- Operate other equipment as required to sort, clean, compact or shred all types of waste on site as required
- Load outgoing vehicles either in bulk or bales as required to driver/offtaker specification and accurately document
- Working in the waste management industry or similar workplace
- Use of specialist plant, such as loading shovel, telehandler
- Applying health & safety requirements to work tasks by following Safe Systems of Work and Risk assessment
- Full, valid driving licence
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.