Urgent Welfare Benefits Advisor Opportunity
Our client, a Housing Association in West Kent is looking to recruit an Urgent Welfare Benefits Advisor for a 6-8 week temporary assignment, covering for long-term absence.
Length: Temporary 6-8 weeks
Paye Rate: £17.00 per hour plus holiday pay at 12.07%
Umbrella Rate: £21.68 per hour
Hours: 37 hours a week, 8:45 – 17:15 Monday to Thursday and 8:45 to 16:45 on Friday
This role is a hybrid position and you need to be office based 2 days per week.
The role involves:
• Providing support, information and advice to individual residents to enable them to maximise their incomes, manage debts, budget, access on-line services and help sustain tenancies
• Managing a caseload of clients referred for welfare benefits advice and ensuring high standards of support planning, accurate performance reporting, and positive outcomes
• Referring and supporting residents to access further services/ external agencies and for external grants and hardship funding streams as required to meet their needs
• Supporting and promoting ways for residents to independently access welfare support
• Working in partnership with external agencies, local authorities, housing associations, community-based organisations
• Collaborating with colleagues across the Communities Team to ensure referrals to internal services are timely and accurate
• Updating all recording and reporting systems in an accurate & timely manner and sharing information with colleagues as appropriate
• Up-to-date knowledge of housing benefits and social housing
• Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and confident to learn and use in house systems
• Excellent customer service skills
• Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle for work purposes
If you are interested in this role please call Laura de Ste Croix asap on 0207 010 9027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV.