VACANCY – Wellbeing Officer
Length: 3 Months initially with the chance of extension
Salary: £12.15 PAYE or £14.12 umbrella
Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00am-17:00pm
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Wellbeing Officer to work in Walsall. You will be the first point of contact for customers aged 55 and over who live within the organisations wellbeing schemes along with customers who live in the wider community and take part in scheme activities.
This position requires immediate availability to interview and start.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Use coaching conversations and motivational interviewing skills to develop positive relationships to achieve a happy welcoming environment within the wellbeing scheme for all
- Work alongside colleagues within the Allocations Team you will carry out viewings ensuring the accommodation is suitable for the applicants housing needs
- Use a case management approach, you will complete individual annual wellbeing assessments to co-produce an individual wellbeing plan for customers
- You will support and supervise students and volunteers who are placed within the wellbeing schemes ensuring services are delivered in line with policy and procedures
- Work with the Wellbeing Services Manager you will design an annual health and wellbeing campaign and events programme
- You will proactively identify customers who may benefit from external HWB services and support such as Social Prescribing
- You will be the initial point of contact between customers who raise concerns intervening and mediating in order to prevent and reduce negative behaviour escalating where appropriate
- You will complete and monitor risk assessments ensuring all activities delivered are compliant with health and safety regulation
- Experience of working with older and/or vulnerable adults using an asset strength-based approach
- Experience of using assessment frameworks, action planning and deploying a range of techniques to support customers
- Enhanced DBS
- Full Licence with access to vehicle
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact the Social Housing and Support teamon 0121 616 0660 and ask for Katie Parsons (Senior Consultant for the Midlands), or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.