Windows Services Engineer – FTC until May 2022
Agency Reference Number: 7105640
Venn Group is working with a university based in Central London who is recruiting for a Windows Services Engineer to join their team on a fixed-term contract until May 2022. This role will be providing 2nd and 3rd line support to upgrade and maintain Windows servers, Microsoft technologies and other infrastructure throughout the university.
Salary: £38,587 per annum (pro rata)
Length: Fixed-term contract until May 2022
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing detailed technical knowledge on a range of core service-delivery systems including Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policies, O365, VMWare, SCCM etc.
- Installing, configuring, operating, migration and decommissioning servers running Microsoft Windows
- Configuring and supporting other related Microsoft technologies
- Automating routine tasks using scripts
- Ensuring system resilience is maintained to a level as agreed with the Team Leader
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience supporting Windows and Microsoft technologies on a 2nd/3rd line support level
- Experience writing and a general understanding of PowerShell, VBScript and Windows batch files
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Please get in touch on email@example.com or call Kirsty Mah on 020 7557 7667 to find out more.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.