Year End - Finance Business Partner
We are working with a large Midlands Council who require the interim assistance of a Finance Business Partner to assist with their Year-end and Closedown processes.
Rate: £600 per day (Inside IR35)
Duration: Until the end of September initially with possible extensions
Fully remote working
- The council require a Finance Business Partner to work at Head of Service to produce their statement of accounts
- The role requires a strong hands on approach as the FBP will be personally drafting the statement of accounts
- Accountable for the production of the Statement of Accounts including liaison with External Audit and Audit Committee as appropriate
- Accountable for the maintenance and reconciliation of all appropriate accounting records, grant claims and returns
- Maintenance of up-to-date and comprehensive awareness of the legislative framework relating to local authority expenditure and its financing
- Included leading development projects in response to changes in statutory/best practice standards
- Provided advice on matters relating to accounting standards and associated legislation and taxation.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Qualified CCAB accountant (i.e. a member of the ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Local Government experience
- Relationship Management and Stakeholder Management
- Leadership of other Accountants
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.