Assistant Director for Public Health – Knowledge, Evidence & Governance
We have a really exciting opportunity available to work with a large local authority as an Assistant Director for Public Health. Our client is looking for someone who can support them for at least the next 6-12 months on an interim basis within the Knowledge, Evidence and Governance Team in the Public Health Department.
In order to be considered for this role you must be fully qualified and registered with the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List or UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) OR within 6 months of gaining this status.
As the Assistant Director Public Health (Knowledge, Evidence & Governance), you will work with communities to tackle health inequalities, whilst leading partnership work on data, intelligence, research and through the work of the Health and Wellbeing Board and its sub-Forums.
Accountabilities and Key Results Areas include:
- The delivery of efficient, effective Public Health across the city
- To foster effective partnerships with the NHS
- To work collaboratively to ensure integrated health and social care delivery
- To support the DPH in delivering committed savings proposals and have appropriate governance in place
- This role will support the growing programme of partnership work with the cities Integrated Care System on Population Health Management and the work to establish a City Observatory
- Leading the public health division’s work engaging with partners within the Council and across the local system to deliver sustainable change at scale
- Working with a broad range of partners locally, nationally and internationally to deliver better outcomes for the citizens
- Turning evidence into practice and embedding health into all policies
- Working to create a healthier city where health is underpinned by systems that enable wellbeing for all communities at every age
- To ensure that you and the organisation work in collaboration with local partners through the Health and Wellbeing Board to deliver sustainable improvement driven by citizen voice
- To lead the implementation of the emerging Health & Wellbeing Board strategy ‘Creating a Healthier City’
- As this position is at the heart of the Extended Leadership Team, you will also deputise for the Director Public Health when required
Duration: 6-12 month interim contract to cover a substantive post
Rate: Negotiable daily rates depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Please note the client is willing to be flexible on working days and start date!
If you are available for work and meet the above criteria, then please send through your application as soon as possible.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.